my name is LIZ. I am a terribly exciting person.
here are some interesting facts about me.
- I have an incredible spread between the index and middle fingers of my left hand.
- I have a hardhat with my name on it.
- I was named Queen of the Babies in a 1987 July 4th parade. Coincidentally, I have the same birthday as Queen Elizabeth II, though we are not the same age.
- I write poems about presidents.
- I love copyediting.
- I think red delicious apples are the opposite of delicious.
- My favorite color is yellow.
- I haven’t worn jeans since kindergarten.
- As a child, I had dreams of being on Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Unfortunately, this never happened. I did come in second not once–but TWICE–in the geography bee.
- alternately, there is this biography of me, as penned by my friend nicolette. it is up to you to decide whether you believe it. nicolette is quite a liar:
Liz, M.D., D.V.M, D.D.S., M.Div., M.A. PhD., L.L.C.
Liz received her B.A. in Muffinology at the prestigious Moscow School of Confections and Poisons. She holds an advanced degree in Narwhalology from the Sahara Desert University Center for Horned Animals, with a minor in Unicorn Studies. After spending several years interning at Santa’s Toy Shop on Mars, she has returned to Earth. Her research interests include world domination, presidential bathtubs, and Disney characters with two living parents.
Publications: “I’m Coming For All of You: The Cultural Work of Mass Threats in the Digital Age” Insane Dictators Review Vol 1, (sept 2018)
Conference Papers: “Oh my Lost Cinnamon Buns: The Art, Aesthetics, and Politics of Baking with Roommates” given at the Graduate Student Housekeeping Conference June 1876.
want to know more? too bad. I’m very private.