- the fighting hobos (the inclusion of “fighting” is absolutely imperative here. it’s so much more FIERCE.)
- the fighting unicorns ( I am picturing a logo somewhere along the lines of lisa frank. perhaps the unicorn would be winking. I don’t know. it’s a possibility.)
- the fighting narwhals (kristin has suggested a mascot that skewers the other team with his or her tusk)
- the fighting historical interpreters (for a team in williamsburg specifically)
- the fighting semi-colons (self-explanatory in its awesomeness)
suggestions? I might just make you a shareholder on my team if I like your name…
I really liked this post from jezebel taking on the great blossom v. clarissa battle. I was never much of a blossom girl myself, so…
clarissa definitely wins.
I mean, she was so cool! looking back, I can see how young liz’s decorating style was influenced by clarissa’s awesome digs. and remember her totally sweet computer programs and elvis the alligator and all those doc martens?
na-na-nananana…JUST DO IT!
this still gives me the creeps.
jellied clam juice ring
->please read about gelatin, page 516.
clam juice or minced clams
water or vegetable juices
to make a palatable mixture. there should be 4 cups of liquid. season this with:
lemon juice and paprika
a few drops of worcester sauce
2 tablespoons gelatin
in 1/2 cup of the liquid.
heat just to the boiling point 1 cup of the liquid. dissolve the soaked gelatin in it. return it to the remaining liquid with the minced clams if they were used. pour in a wet 9-inch ring mold. chill until firm. invert the jelly onto a plate. fill the center with:
surround it with:
tomato and cucumber slices
—the joy of cooking, page 97, 12 ed., 1964
you can purchase a case of 12 cans on minced clams on amazon for only $27.51!
I don’t know about you, but I love learning the alphabet. I’m almost halfway through!
my first dictionary is an awesomely creepy website created by an awesomely twisted librarian where you can learn a new word each day, you little linguist, you!
“Unfortunately I already had this exact picture tattooed on my chest, but this shirt is very useful in colder weather.”
more hilarious reviews here.